Topeka Genealogical Society Library
The Topeka Genealogical Society Library offers an extensive collection of genealogical resources, including more than 12,000 books and over 700 periodical titles. In addition to a strong collection of materials pertaining to Shawnee County and northeastern Kansas, we also have resource materials from almost every U.S. state, and many foreign nations. Shawnee county resources include original Probate, Naturalization, and Tax Record Books from the Shawnee County Courthouse. Computers and high-speed wireless Internet access are available to library patrons. Most materials are available for check-out to TGS members.
Our library is staffed by experienced volunteers, and is supported soley through memberships and donations. We welcome members of the General Public as library patrons, but encourage non-member patrons help to support our library with a donation.
2717 SE Indiana Ave., Topeka, KS
NEW EXPANDED HOURS! Beginning in September 2016, the Library will be open from 9am to 4pm on Saturdays.
1-4pm Monday, Wednesday, Thursday
9am - 4pm Saturday
CLOSED MAJOR HOLIDAYS & HOLIDAY WEEKENDS
The Library will be CLOSED on the following dates in 2017 in observance of Holidays:
- Monday, January 2nd - New Years
- Saturday, April 8th - Annual Conference
- Monday, May 29th - Memorial Day
- Monday, July 3rd - Independence Day
- Saturday, August 5 - TGS Members' Picnic
- Monday, September 4th - Labor Day
- Wed-Sat, November 22-25th - Thanksgiving
- Monday, December 18th-Tuesday, January 2 - Christmas break
The Library will be CLOSED on the following dates in 2018 in observance of Holidays:
- Monday, January 1st - New Year's Day
- Saturday, March 31st - Easter
- Saturday, April 21st - TGS Annual Conference
- Monday, May 28th - Memorial Day
- Wednesday, July 4th - Independence Day
- Saturday, August 4th - TGS Member's Picnic
- Monday, September 3rd - Labor Day
- Wed-Sat, November 21 - 24th - Thanksgiving
- Monday December 17th - Wednesday, Jan 2, 2018 - Christmas break
The library may also be closed during periods of inclement weather. If questionable, please check this website or call before coming.