Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are sorry to announce that the 2020 Heartland Family History Conference, scheduled for April 3-4, 2020, has been CANCELLED. We are currently exploring options for re-scheduling or delivering conference content through alternative means. Watch for more details as we sort through this situation and determine how to proceed from here.
2020 Heartland Family History Conference
Friday & Saturday, April 3rd & 4th
Passports to the Past: Discover Your Family Stories
The Topeka Genealogical Society is very excited to be able to offer the first annual Heartland Family History Conference! Although we have been successfully hosting annual genealogy conferences for nearly 50 years, our 2020 Conference will be a landmark event. The need to find a new conference venue this year has presented us with opportunities to grow and expand, and we are making the most of the situation!
A few highlights of changes coming with the 2020 Conference:
- Marketing as a regional event with intentional programming to reflect the unique history and cultural diversity of our Central Plains Region
- Larger event space with more comfortable seating arrangements
- Five separate rooms for breakout sessions, with 30 breakout sessions to choose from
- A diverse array of presentation topics, tailored to varying participant interests and all levels of experience
- Seated luncheons included in the conference registration, with luncheon programming
- A larger and separate space for vendors & exhibitors, with ample browsing time built into the conference schedule
- Friday evening "Meet & Mingle" Reception included
- On-site hotel accommodations available at discounted rates
And, of course, we will still be featuring a nationally-known Keynote speaker, drawings for some great door-prizes, and more. Register early to assure your spot. You won't want to miss this one!
Funding for this program is provided by the Humanities Kansas, a nonprofit cultural organization connecting communities with history, traditions, and ideas to strengthen civic life.