Topeka Genealogical Society Membership
We invite you to become a member of the Topeka Genealogical Society.
Membership is open to anyone who has an interest in family history. Our membership year runs on a calendar year basis, from January 1st to December 31st. Members who join us mid-year will receive all copies of the News & Views, and TGS Quarterly for that membership year. New memberships purchased after October 1 of this year will be credited with a full-year membership for next year, plus the remaining months of this year.
Benefits of Membership:
- Subscription to the electronic version of the TGS Quarterly, our magazine containing genealogical information covering Shawnee County and northeast Kansas.*
- Receipt of the electronic version News & Views newsletter, published monthly and filled with genealogy tips.*
- Free use of the TGS library, with checkout privileges for circulating materials.
- Discounted registration fees for TGS classes, workshops and Annual Conference.
- Members-only discount opportunities on purchases of computers, software, and more.
- Participation in TGS Special Interest Groups.
- Monthly programs on genealogical and historical topics.
- Opportunities for networking with other genealogists and family historians.
- Opportuntiess to learn new skills, or get involved with record preservation through volunteering with TGS.
- Access to members-to-members forum, and TGS databases in the members-only section of our website.
- Voting privileges in TGS elections and decisions that require a vote of the membership.
* Printed versions of the Quarterly and News & Views newsletter, distributed via U.S. Postal Service mail, are available for an additional $20 per year to cover the costs of printing and mailing.
Categories of Membership:
||2019 Membership Fee
|Joint (two members living at same address)
|Student (up to age 25)
*For all membership categories, printed copies of the TGS Quarterly and newsletters may be received by mail for an additional fee of $20 per year.
Institutional members are non-voting, and will not be provided with access to information in the members-only section of our website.
How to Join:
Memberships may be purchased onlline by clicking the "Online Join" button here or in the Left Margin of this page.
Download the appropriate membership form below, and mail with payment to:
Topeka Genealogical Society
PO Box 4048
Topeka, KS 66604-0048